[BD] Charity Tournament, London, August

Brendan Cuddihy b_cuddihy at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 17:22:56 BST 2006

   Hello London League and Britdisc,

   OvaThrow, the corporate team from Arup, are planning to hold a one-day
   charity tournament in Central London on the 19th or 20th of August.
   If your team is interested in taking part please let me know by return
   of email.  We promise a well-organised, fun tournament with a mix of
   teams and standards to suit all.  All tournament entry fees and all
   profits and donations raised on the day will be going directly to
   charity.

   This year marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of our company
   and to recognise 60 years of our commitment to shape a better world we
   are celebrating this milestone through an initiative called the Arup
   Cause ([1]http://www.arup.com/landing.cfm?pageid=7847).

   Water is essential to life, as is effective sanitation, to which a
   startling number of people do not have proper access.  Water and
   sanitation are unifying themes through many of the UN's Millennium
   Development Goals and Arup staff around the world are being encouraged
   to contribute in many different ways.  We are collaborating with
   international aid agencies and charities, like WaterAid
   ([2]http://www.wateraid.org/), we are donating to worthy projects, we
   are participating in hands on projects, we are educating others and
   raising awareness of the issues, and then finding solutions to these
   challenges and innovating to bring about positive change.

   We would be delighted if you could join us on a beautiful summer's day
   to play some ultimate and do something for a good cause.

   Please email me if you are interested in taking part.

   Brendan
   OvaThrow