[BD] Womens spot allocation to Rostock

Emily J. Lyons ejlyons at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 12:21:14 GMT 2004

Dear Hannah, BD, and UKUW,

Thanks for your message.  Your frustration with the lack of information
regarding the allocation of places to European Championships in Rostock is
understandable.  We, the women's committee, are also greatly frustrated with
this issue.  A couple months back (28 October 2004...see ukuw archive), Aura
sent a message to the UKUW list on behalf of the women's committe stating
that we would not be making any decisions regarding the allocation of spots
to European Championships until the EFDF informed us of the number of spots
allocated to UK women's teams.  We have the unique and fantastic problem of
having FIVE teams that want to go to Euros this year.  This is unprecedented
for the UK and should we not be given 5 spots, the allocation of the spots
we do recieve will be an important task for the women's committee. The
discussion of this issue is well underway and top of our priority list for
the new year.  Frustratingly, and not without a great deal of effort and
pressure from the women's committee, the EFDF have not yet made their
decision re: bid allocation. So whilst we would be happy to update you and
all of the other teams involved in the bidding process, there is sadly
nothing new to report.

As soon as we hear from the EFDF, we will let you know.

Kind regards,
Emily
on behalf of the women's committee.